Travelling from Vietnam
A passport is required for ALL international travel. If you're traveling anywhere overseas, even to Canada, the Caribbean or Mexico, you need a passport to board an international flight and to enter any country. In general, your passport must be valid for at least six months after the date you enter a foreign country.
A travel visa is required to enter many countries.
Traveling to Vietnam
Vietnam Airlines warmly welcome our passengers to Vietnam!
To make your trip more convenient, we would like to provide useful guide to ensure you have the adequate travel documents to enter Vietnam.
Generally, you are required to have visa enter Vietnam if you are a foreigner. If visitor comes from a national of a visa waiver country, you are allowed for travel to Vietnam for 14 days with visa exemption.
Please check here for more details.
In general, you will be asked to fill in and present an Arrival/Departure document at immigration counter. You will be given the Arrival Declaration form at the check-in counter before your flight or on the flight from cabin crew.
If you have arrived in on an international flight or are leaving the country, you will be asked to fill in and present an Arrival/Departure document at immigration counter. These will be supplied to you directly and require very little effort to fill in.
For departure from Vietnam international airports, Arrival - Departure Declaration forms are available at the airport before proceeding to immigration counters. For arrival in Vietnam, you will be handed the Arrival Declaration form before your flight at the check-in counter or during the flight from cabin crew.
Tip: Having a pen at hand can save a little time.
Passengers are required to have adequate travel documents for all flights. You can find more information about travel documents for a wholly convenient itinerary.
Passenger travelling on international flights shall submit one of the following identification forms:
Travel documents or immigration documents in accordance with Vietnam Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners (such as loose-leaf visa, permanent residence card, temporary residence card, identity card. Identity card or alternative documents as agreement between nations) are named "Passport" hereafter.
Children without a passport: full names, date of birth and portrait picture with stamp have to be available in the travel document of the legitimate representative.
Passenger travelling on Vietnam domestic flights shall submit one of the following identification forms:
Passenger from 14 years of age:
Passport Travel Document, Loose - leaf Visa, identity members card of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations issued by Vietnam diplomatic offices permanent residence card temporary residence card driving license Aviation Security control card or airlines identity card issued by Vietnam authority.
In case passport loss, diplomatic note certifying personal identification and passport loss with portrait pictures and stamp is required. Diplomatic note is valid within 30 days since the date of confirmation.
Passport or Travel Document
Certifying personal identification form by local police or authorities about passenger 's permanent residence or temporary residence Certifying form by authorities about passenger 's sentenced completion.
Above certifying forms must be attached with stamped portrait picture and shall be valid within 30 days since the date of confirmation.
Passengers under 14 years of age
Non-Vietnamese nationalities: Passport.
Certifying form by a social organization for children under the patronage of that organization. This certifying form shall be valid within 6 months since the date of confirmation.
The travel documents conditions:
Passengers 's travel documents as referred above shall meet the following conditions:
A. For passenger from the age of fourteen years old
Passengers from the age of fourteen travelling on Vietjet domestic flights in Vietnam shall submit one of the following identification forms.
1. Vietnamese nationality
- Identity card;
- Military Identity card;
- National Assembly membership card;
- Communist party membership card
- Press Identity card;
- Driving license;
- Aviation Security control card;
- Airlines Identity card;
- Confirmed form written by local police or authorities.
2. Non-Vietnamese nationalities
- Confirmed form written by diplomatic mission or consulate with a passenger photo glued on and stamped and the original police report describing of any thefts.
B. For passenger under fourteen years old travelling on Vietnam domestic flights
1. Vietnamese nationalities
- Birth Certificate (originals or certificated copies) ;
- Birth Confirmation Form: Infants under one (01) month old;
- Confirmation of a social organization: children under the patronage of that organization (this shall be valid within 6 months since the date of confirmation).
2. Non Vietnamese nationalities
C. Passengers from twelve years old to fourteen years old without a passport must be
- Accompanied by legitimate representative.
- Accompanied by a passenger who has booked and committed to finish the flight.
- Committed by first carrier to take care the passengers till the end of itinerary.
D. The travel documents conditions
The travel documents used by passengers travelling by air as referred above shall meet the following conditions:
- Such travelling documents are still valid;
- A passenger photo is glued on and stamped, except for certificate of birth, paper certifying birth of infants, security badge and airlines ID.
1. Passengers on Vietjet international flights shall submit Passport; valid Departure/Arrival documents in accordance with destination country’s regulations. Normally, the passport shall be valid within 6 months since the date of entry.
2. In order to enter a country, passengers shall apply for visa in advance. Due to the difference in law and regulations among countries, passengers shall check latest information in visa and immigration requirements of the destination country. If you have any questions, please contact with relevant diplomatic missions or consulates. For more information, please log on: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm.
3. Vietjet is a point-to-point carrier, passengers with connecting flight are required to have sufficient valid documents for entry at stop-over point, transit point in the journey. In addition, passengers are also required to receive the checked baggage (if any) and to complete check-in procedure for connecting flight
Passengers shall present one of the following document forms
For Non-Vietnamese nationalities
- Passengers from 14 years of age:
Travel Document, Loose - leaf Visa, Identity member’s card of diplomatic missions, Consular offices, representative offices of international organizations issued by Vietnam diplomatic offices.
Permanent residence card, temporary residence card, driving license, Aviation Security control card or airlines identity card issued by Vietnam authority.
- Passengers under 14 years of age:
• Non-Vietnamese nationalities: Passport.
All passengers on international flights, including children and infants, need to show their passport at check-in. Your passport may also have a required validity period.
For some international journeys you’ll need to arrange other documentation such as visas or proof of onward journey. Each country has different requirements for arriving travelers, and it’s your responsibility to understand and arrange all the appropriate documentation. We won’t be able to assist if you arrive at the airport without the documents you need.
Visit your destination’s embassy or consulate website to find out what documents you’ll need. Some visas take time to process so it’s best to arrange your travel documents as early as possible.
© 2016 vietnamairways.org. All rights reserved.